Important CPS Information for Students & Parents:
- Ogden International 2016-2017 Student / Parent Handbook - REVISED HANDBOOK TO COME
- CPS Student Code of Conduct in English or Spanish
- PARCC: The PARCC is a Common-Core aligned assessment that tests students’ ability to read and write about complex texts, and to understand and do mathematics. In 2017-18, all students in grades 3-11 will take the PARCC assessment. The PARCC assessment is a state requirement for all students in those grades.
- NWEA: The Northwest Evaluation Association MAP (measure of academic progress) is an online assessment that adapts to the student’s level that can measure national percentile ranking and estimate annual growth. The NWEA is used for promotion in 3rd, 6th, and 8th grade. It is also the most heavily weighted test when evaluating CPS schools and teachers. The NWEA was created as a screener and not as a high-stakes assessment, and was originally intended as one of several measures educators could use to determine student academic ability. Parent Toolkit can offer more answers you might have.
- Promotion/Graduation Requirements for 3rd, 6th and 8th grade.
- Attendance and Extra Curricular Participation: Any student who is not in school at the start of the school day or leaves school will not participate in practice or any extra-curricular event that night. Students who leave school because of sickness, who are tardy or absent for any reason other than for medical appointments, or who miss school because of shadow days or funerals (all must be verified) will not be allowed to attend or participate in extracurricular activities or practice on the same day. This pertains to that day only. Daily attendance will be forwarded to the Athletic Director who will forward this information to coaches.
- Students must maintain an attendance rate of 93% or better, and zero Fs, to participate in clubs, sports, and any extra-curricular or after-school activities. Also, they must have all school related debts and fees paid. This includes after school library usage.